Re: SQL Property Graph Queries (SQL/PGQ)

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: SQL Property Graph Queries (SQL/PGQ)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 17, 2024 at 11:04 AM Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat.oss@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 8, 2024 at 7:07 PM Ashutosh Bapat
> <ashutosh.bapat.oss@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, Jun 27, 2024 at 6:01 PM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Here is a new version of this patch.  I have been working together with
> >> Ashutosh on this.  While the version 0 was more of a fragile demo, this
> >> version 1 has a fairly complete minimal feature set and should be useful
> >> for playing around with.  We do have a long list of various internal
> >> bits that still need to be fixed or revised or looked at again, so there
> >> is by no means a claim that everything is completed.
> >

> > PFA the patchset fixing compilation error reported by CI bot.
> > 0001 - same as previous one
> > 0002 - fixes compilation error
> > 0003 - adds support for WHERE clause in graph pattern missing in the first patch.
> >

> There's a test failure reported by CI. Property graph related tests
> are failing when regression is run from perl tests. The failure is
> reported only on Free BSD.

I thought it's related to FreeBSD but the bug could be observed
anywhere with -DRELCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE. It's also reported indirectly
by valgrind.

When infering properties of an element from the underlying table's
attributes, the attribute name pointed to the memory in the heap tuple
of pg_attribute row. Thus when the tuple was released, it pointed to a
garbage instead of actual column name resulting in column not found
error.

Attached set of patches with an additional patch to fix the bug.

0001 - same as previous one
0002 - fixes pgperltidy complaints
0003 - fixes compilation failure
0004 - fixes issue seen on CI
0005 - adds support for WHERE clause in graph pattern missing in the
first patch.

Once reviewed, patches 0002 to 0005 should be merged into 0001.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: WIP: parallel GiST index builds
Сообщение: Re: WIP: parallel GiST index builds