Re: hash_destroy on the hash table allocated with TopMemoryContext

От Ashutosh Bapat
Тема Re: hash_destroy on the hash table allocated with TopMemoryContext
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Apr 17, 2024 at 1:04 PM Sharique Muhammed <shq78758@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I was looking for a pattern to destroy a hashtable (dynahash).allocated in TopMemoryContext
I found one pattern : create_seq_hashtable uses TopMemoryContext
 memory context to create hash table. It calls hash_destroy in
 ResetSequenceCaches. hash_destroy will destroy the memory context(TopMemoryContext). Is it the right way to use hash_destroy ?

The context used to pass hash_create() is used to create a child memory context. The hash table is allocated in the child memory context and it's that context which is destoryed by hash_destory(). Isn't it?

I have allocated a hash table in TopMemoryContext context and I want
to destroy it. It seems to me that there is no function to destroy hash
table allocated in TopMemoryContext context.

How did you create hash table in TopMemoryContext?

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat