Re: missing warning in pg_import_system_collations

От Ranier Vilela
Тема Re: missing warning in pg_import_system_collations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Em qui., 9 de set. de 2021 às 03:45, Anton Voloshin <a.voloshin@postgrespro.ru> escreveu:
Hello hackers,

In pg_import_system_collations() there is this fragment of code:

enc = pg_get_encoding_from_locale(localebuf, false);
if (enc < 0)
{
        /* error message printed by pg_get_encoding_from_locale() */
        continue;
}

However, false passed to pg_get_encoding_from_locale() means
write_message argument is false, so no error message is ever printed.
I propose an obvious patch (see attachment).
Yeah, seems correct to me.
The comment clearly expresses the intention.

Introduced in aa17c06fb in January 2017 when debug was replaced by
false, so I guess back-patching through 10 would be appropriate.
This is an oversight.

+1 from me.

Ranier Vilela