Re: Avoid unecessary MemSet call (src/backend/utils/cache/relcache.c)

От Ranier Vilela
Тема Re: Avoid unecessary MemSet call (src/backend/utils/cache/relcache.c)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Em qui., 30 de jun. de 2022 às 19:37, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> escreveu:
On 19.05.22 18:09, Ranier Vilela wrote:
> Taking it a step further.
> Created a new patch into commitfest, targeting 16 version.
> <https://commitfest.postgresql.org/38/3645/>

I have committed your 001 patch, which was clearly a (harmless) mistake.
Thank you.

I have also committed a patch that gets rid of MemSet() calls where the
value is a constant not-0, because that just falls back to memset() anyway.

I'm on board with trying to get rid of MemSet(), but first I need to
analyze all the performance numbers and arguments that were shown in
this thread.
One good argument  is that using memset, allows to compiler
analyze and remove completely memset call if he understands
that can do it, which with MemSet is not possible.

regards,
Ranier Vilela