Re: Replica (v 9.3.2) crashed with "PANIC: WAL contains references to invalid pages"

От desmodemone
Тема Re: Replica (v 9.3.2) crashed with "PANIC: WAL contains references to invalid pages"
Дата
R: Replica (v 9.3.2) crashed with "PANIC: WAL contains references to invalid pages"
Список pgsql-admin

Hello everybody,

This weeked both replicas of our main db crashed at the same time with this error :

2014-02-09 11:42:51 GMT    0 52c671da.14da - PANIC:  WAL contains references to invalid pages

2014-02-09 11:42:51 GMT    0 52c671da.14da - CONTEXT:  xlog redo vacuum: rel 1663/16433/29449; blk 181466, lastBlockVacuumed 181463

2014-02-09 11:42:52 GMT    0 52c671d9.14d1 - LOG:  startup process (PID 5338) was terminated by signal 6: Aborted

2014-02-09 11:42:52 GMT    0 52c671d9.14d1 - LOG:  terminating any other active server processes

All three servers (main + two replicas) are on v. 9.3.2 running on Centos 6.4

We upgraded one month ago the main db from v 9.2.6 to 9.3.2 through pg_upgrade and had the replicas rebuilt on 9.3.2

I searched the mailing lists and found someone that had the same problem in the past but it seems that their problem was fixed by already released patches.

( see thread http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/675b7cee-b7f0-4e32-8e34-1efaf3ca5fe9@email.android.com)

So it seems that our problem is a new one since we are running the latest version…….

Thank you for your help

Marco Cassiano

Manifatture del Nord srl unipersonale
Gruppo MaxMara

via Mazzacurati 6

C.P. n° 20 - San Maurizio

42122 Reggio Emilia RE
ITALY

Tel. +39 0522 358215
Fax +39 0522 268715
email : mcassiano@manord.com

cid:image001.jpg@01CED0CA.EA27C850

Max & Co. logo

Il contenuto della presente comunicazione è riservato e destinato esclusivamente ai destinatari indicati. Nel caso in cui sia ricevuto da persona diversa dal destinatario sono proibite la diffusione, la distribuzione e la copia. Nel caso riceveste la presente per errore, Vi preghiamo di informarci e di distruggerlo e/o cancellarlo dal Vostro computer, senza utilizzare i dati contenuti.

La presente comunicazione (comprensiva dei documenti allegati) non avrà valore di proposta contrattuale e/o accettazione di proposte provenienti dal destinatario, nè rinuncia o riconoscimento di diritti, debiti e/o crediti, nè sarà impegnativa, qualora non sia sottoscritto successivo accordo da chi può validamente obbligarci. Non deriverà alcuna responsabilità precontrattuale a ns. carico, se la presente non sia seguita da contratto sottoscritto dalle parti.

The content of the above communication is strictly confidential and reserved solely for the referred addressees. In the event of receipt by persons different from the addressee, copying, alteration and distribution are forbidden. If received by mistake we ask you to inform us and to destroy and/or delete from your computer without using the data herein contained. The present message (eventual annexes inclusive) shall not be considered a contractual proposal and/or acceptance of offer from the addressee, nor waiver recognizance of rights, debts and/or credits, nor shall it be binding when not executed as a subsequent agreement by persons who could lawfully represent us. No pre-contractual liability shall apply to us when the present communication is not followed by any binding agreement between the parties.

Hello,
           please, could you post some details about?  Your replica are on the same storage  as the primary ? Are virtual or physical ? hypervisor type?

Could you attach / post /var/log/messages and postgres log  ?
Could you attach / post   pg_controldata output of the replica ?
Did you verify the filesystem integrity of the replica ?

Are the log of the primary without errors ?

Thank you very much

Mat
Вложения