select on bytea column returns hex encoded data instead of binary data

От Ganesh Borse
Тема select on bytea column returns hex encoded data instead of binary data
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,

I am new to postgresql.

I've an application which displays the various binary files (like jpgs, xls, zips) stored in PostgrelSQL DB in bytea column.

I inserted these files in bytea column in a table using hex encoding.

But, when I try to access this column by executing (SQLExec) the query "select * from tablename;" from ODBC on Windows, the buffer contains the same hex encoded data.

I am using SQL_C_BINARY data type for SQLBindCol() function.

Can you please help me know, how can I retrieve the data stored in bytea columns in binary format?

Thanks in advance for help and guidance.

Best Regards,
Ganesh