Re: Installing 9.6 RC on Ubuntu [Solved]

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: Installing 9.6 RC on Ubuntu [Solved]
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 11:03 AM, Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com> wrote:
I'm trying to install 9.6 RC1 on Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial on my laptop and it seems broken.

Installation of 9.6 RC1 on Centos was straightforward by comparison - just add the 9.6 yum package and install. Unfortunately Ubuntu seems second-class by comparison.

I already have /etc/apt.repos.d/pgdg.list with:
deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ xenial-pgdg main

This works and I previously installed the PGDG 9.5 package without issue. Apt lists numerous 9.6 support packages (unit, repmgr, repack, plv8, ...) but with unsatisfied dependencies due to the lasck of postgresql-9.6.

I tried adding -testing to the repo but no joy:
deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ xenial-pgdg-testing main

Is packaging just not complete or am I missing something? (I had hoped that getting configured for testing would be more friction-free.)

Cheers,
Steve

In case it is useful for reference, I beat my head on it a bit more and replaced "main" with "9.6":

Life is good, again.

Cheers,
Steve