Re: Compiling on Termux

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Compiling on Termux
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Dec 22, 2018 at 7:32 AM David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 22, 2018 at 07:03:32AM +1100, Thomas Munro wrote:
> > That talks about using -D__ANDROID_API__=23 (or presumably higher) to
> > make sure that sigtimedwait is exposed by signal.h.  Something similar
> > may be afoot here.
>
> That worked perfectly...to expose the next issue, namely that at least
> part of the System-V IPC mechanisms have been left out.  Do we support
> other systems where this is true?

Interesting, they left that stuff out deliberately out basically
because it all sucks:

https://android.googlesource.com/platform/ndk/+/4e159d95ebf23b5f72bb707b0cb1518ef96b3d03/docs/system/libc/SYSV-IPC.TXT

PostgreSQL currently needs SysV shm just for the small segment that's
used for preventing multiple copies running in the same pgdata.  You'd
need to find a new way to do that.  We don't use SysV semaphores
(though we can) or message queues.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com