Re: Compiling on Termux

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Compiling on Termux
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

https://android.googlesource.com/platform/ndk/+/4e159d95ebf23b5f72bb707b0cb1518ef96b3d03/docs/system/libc/SYSV-IPC.TXT

> PostgreSQL currently needs SysV shm just for the small segment that's
> used for preventing multiple copies running in the same pgdata.  You'd
> need to find a new way to do that.  We don't use SysV semaphores
> (though we can) or message queues.

That doc says:

    Killing processes automatically to make room for new ones is an
    important part of Android's application lifecycle implementation.

How's that going to play with Postgres? Sounds like the OOM killer on
steroids.

cheers

andrew