Re: [HACKERS] A typo in mcxt.c

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: [HACKERS] A typo in mcxt.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 5:40 PM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
<horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> Hello, while I investigated a bug of async-exec patch. I found a
> (maybe) typo in mcxt.c.
>
> |  * It's not entirely clear whether 'tis better to do this before or after
> |  * delinking the context; but an error in a callback will likely result in
>
> I'm not so confident, but the "'tis" seems to me to be a typo of
> "it's".

That is an archaic way of contracting the same words differently:

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/'tis

It sounds amusing and a tiny bit like a famous line from Hamlet,
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer...".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_be,_or_not_to_be

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com