Re: Add necessary package list to ldap TAP's README

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Add necessary package list to ldap TAP's README
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 10:45 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> FreeBSD 12: you need openldap-client (NOT openldap24-client) to build
> with --with-ldap at all.  Then also openldap-server to run this test.

Well, it's "pkg install openldap-client" but it's
"net/openldap24-client" if you're building ports from source.  That is
confusing.

> On a somewhat related subject ... I notice that the paths for darwin in
> the test script seem to presume that the LDAP support has been installed
> from MacPorts or some such, but this isn't documented anywhere (least of
> all in this README file).  I tried to get it to work with the
> Apple-provided LDAP server and libraries, but no go --- Apple's apparently
> done something weird to their copy of slapd, such that it doesn't work
> when launched manually like this.  So the expectation of non-default LDAP
> support is probably reasonable, but I'm disturbed by the lack of docs.

I think he used Brew paths?

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/0a7646b1-f6f6-1364-f0e3-814aed302db4%402ndquadrant.com

--
Thomas Munro