Re: [HACKERS] CommitFest 2017-09 - How do I know what commit to applypatches to

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: [HACKERS] CommitFest 2017-09 - How do I know what commit to applypatches to
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 5:42 PM, Ryan Murphy <ryanfmurphy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello PostgreSQL hackers,
>
> I was diving into CommitFest 2017-09 to help review some patches, but I was
> not sure which version / git commit / git tag of the PostgreSQL repo I
> should be checked out to in order to correctly apply / test these patches.
> Is there a place within the CommitFest where it says what version to have
> checked out?

Hi Ryan,

Great to hear it.  Hopefully every patch in an open or active
commitfest should apply on top of the tip of master.  If it doesn't,
please poke the thread and ask for a rebased patch.

(I've taken to running a cronjob that tells me when patches I've
posted no longer apply, so I can rebase and repost ASAP.)

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com