Re: [HACKERS] CommitFest 2017-09 - How do I know what commit toapply patches to

От Fabien COELHO
Тема Re: [HACKERS] CommitFest 2017-09 - How do I know what commit toapply patches to
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Ryan,

> I was diving into CommitFest 2017-09 <https://commitfest.postgresql.org/14/>
> to help review some patches,

Thanks!

> but I was not sure which version / git commit
> / git tag of the PostgreSQL repo I should be checked out to in order to
> correctly apply / test these patches.  Is there a place within the
> CommitFest where it says what version to have checked out?

If I'm not mistaken:

The expectation is that the patch will be applied to HEAD, so it should
apply to HEAD. If not, the custom is to ask the author for a rebase.

For version-specific bug fixes, it should apply to the corresponding
STABLE branches.

--
Fabien.