Re: pread() and pwrite()

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: pread() and pwrite()
Дата
Re: pread() and pwrite()  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 12:03 AM Thomas Munro
<thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 3, 2018 at 2:07 AM Jesper Pedersen
> <jesper.pedersen@redhat.com> wrote:
> > This still applies, and passes make check-world.
> >
> > I wonder what the commit policy is on this, if the Windows part isn't
> > included. I read Heikki's comment [1] as it would be ok to commit
> > benefiting all platforms that has pread/pwrite.
>
> Here's a patch to add Windows support by supplying
> src/backend/port/win32/pread.c.  Thoughts?

If we do that, I suppose we might as well supply implementations for
HP-UX 10.20 as well, and then we can get rid of the conditional macro
stuff at various call sites and use pread() and pwrite() freely.
Here's a version that does it that way.  One question is whether the
caveat mentioned in patch 0001 is acceptable.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Вложения