Re: Forthcoming SQL standards about JSON and Multi-Dimensional Arrays (FYI)

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Forthcoming SQL standards about JSON and Multi-Dimensional Arrays (FYI)
Дата
Re: Forthcoming SQL standards about JSON and Multi-Dimensional Arrays (FYI)  (Stefan Keller <sfkeller@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Stefan Keller <sfkeller@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> FYI: I'd just like to point you to following two forthcoming standard
> parts from "ISO/IEC JTS 1/SC 32" comittee: one on JSON, and one on
> "Multi-Dimensional Arrays" (SQL/MDA).
>
> They define there some things different as already in PG. See also
> Peter Baumann's slides [1] and e.g. [2]
>
> :Stefan
>
> [1] https://www.unibw.de/inf4/professors/geoinformatics/agile-2016-workshop-gis-with-nosql
> [2] http://jtc1sc32.org/doc/N2501-2550/32N2528-WG3-Tutorial-Opening-Plenary.pdf

Thanks for these pointers.  On the "standards under development"
page[1], I see that ISO/IEC PDTR 19075-6 (SQL/JSON) is at stage 30.60
"Close of voting/ comment period".  But ISO/IEC CD 9075-15
(Multi-Dimensional Arrays) is in stage 30.92 "CD referred back to
Working Group".  Is that how they say "returned with feedback"?
ISO/IEC PDTR 19075-5 (Row Pattern Recognition) has also reached stage
30.60.  Does anyone know what that one is about?  Maybe something like
MATCH_RECOGNIZE in Oracle?

[1] http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store/catalogue_tc/catalogue_tc_browse.htm?commid=45342&development=on

--
Thomas Munro