Re: Ryu floating point output patch

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Ryu floating point output patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 8:00 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> Hi,

> >  >> This code in particular was very heavily into using mixed
> >  >> declarations and code throughout. Removing those was moderately
> >  >> painful.
> >
> >  Andres> I wonder if we should instead relax those restriction for the
> >  Andres> largely foreign pieces of code?
> >
> > Do we have any reason for the restriction beyond stylistic preference?
>
> No. Robert and Tom were against allowing mixing declarations and code, a
> few more against // comments. I don't quite agree with either, but
> getting to the rest of C99 seemed more important than fighting those out
> at that moment.

-1 for making superficial changes to code that we are "vendoring",
unless it is known to be dead/abandoned and we're definitively forking
it.  It just makes it harder to track upstream's bug fixes and
improvements, surely?

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Ryu floating point output patch
Сообщение: Re: Ryu floating point output patch