Re: Ryu floating point output patch

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Ryu floating point output patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2018-12-13 20:53:23 +0000, Andrew Gierth wrote:

>  >> This code in particular was very heavily into using mixed
>  >> declarations and code throughout. Removing those was moderately
>  >> painful.
>
>  Andres> I wonder if we should instead relax those restriction for the
>  Andres> largely foreign pieces of code?
>
> Do we have any reason for the restriction beyond stylistic preference?

No. Robert and Tom were against allowing mixing declarations and code, a
few more against // comments. I don't quite agree with either, but
getting to the rest of C99 seemed more important than fighting those out
at that moment.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Сообщение: Re: Ryu floating point output patch
Сообщение: Re: Ryu floating point output patch