Re: Query running for very long time (server hanged) with parallel append

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Query running for very long time (server hanged) with parallel append
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 11:29 PM, Rajkumar Raghuwanshi
<rajkumar.raghuwanshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> I am getting server hang kind of issue with the below postgres.conf setup.
> Issue may occur while running below query single/multiple times (random).
> Not getting terminal back even after cancelling query.
> explain output and query is given below.

Whatever logic bug might be causing the query to hang, it's not good
that we're unable to SIGINT/SIGTERM our way out of this state.  See
also this other bug report for a known problem (already fixed but not
yet released), but which came with an extra complaint, as yet
unexplained, that the query couldn't be interrupted:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/151724453314.1238.409882538067070269%40wrigleys.postgresql.org

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com