Re: remove ancient pre-dlopen dynloader code

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: remove ancient pre-dlopen dynloader code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 1:16 AM Peter Eisentraut
> I'm going to use this thread for a moment to work out some details with
> the cfbot.
>
> The v2 patch I sent previously was created using git format-patch with
> default settings.  This detected a rename:
>
>  rename src/{backend/port/dynloader/win32.c => port/dlopen.c} (51%)
>
> which is fair enough.  However, whatever method the cfbot uses to apply
> patches fails to handle that.

Interesting.  Its version of "patch" doesn't understand that.  I am
not sure if other versions of patch do.  Currently cfbot doesn't use
git am because not everyone is posting patches created with
format-patch, and I thought good old patch could handle basically
anything.  I wasn't aware of this quirk.   I'll see if there is some
way I can convince patch to respect renames, or I should try to apply
with git first and then fall back to patch only if that fails.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com