Re: remove ancient pre-dlopen dynloader code

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: remove ancient pre-dlopen dynloader code
Дата
Re: remove ancient pre-dlopen dynloader code  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/09/2018 06:51, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> How about this: We only have two nonstandard dlopen() implementations
>> left: Windows and (old) HP-UX.  We move those into src/port/dlopen.c and
>> treat it like a regular libpgport member.  That gets rid of all those
>> duplicative empty per-platform files.
> Updated patch.  It needed some adjustments for Windows, per Appveyor,

I'm going to use this thread for a moment to work out some details with
the cfbot.

The v2 patch I sent previously was created using git format-patch with
default settings.  This detected a rename:

 rename src/{backend/port/dynloader/win32.c => port/dlopen.c} (51%)

which is fair enough.  However, whatever method the cfbot uses to apply
patches fails to handle that.  The tree that is sent for testing by
Appveyor still contains a full src/backend/port/dynloader/win32.c and no
src/port/dlopen.c, which expectedly makes the build fail.  (It also
still contains src/backend/port/dynloader/otherplatform.c, but empty, so
the patching doesn't remove empty files, which is another but minor
problem.)

The v3 patch attached here was made with git format-patch --no-renames.
Let's see how that works out.

Вложения