Re: [HACKERS] Causal reads take II

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Causal reads take II
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 2:51 AM, Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you. I started to play with it a little bit, since I think it's an
> interesting idea. And there are already few notes:

Thanks Dmitry.

> * I don't see a CF item for that, where is it?

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/14/951/

The latest version of the patch is here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAEepm%3D0YigNQczAF-%3Dx_SxT6cJv77Yb0EO%2BcAFnqRyVu4%2BbKFw%40mail.gmail.com

I renamed it to "synchronous replay", because "causal reads" seemed a
bit too arcane.

> * Looks like there is a sort of sensitive typo in `postgresql.conf.sample`:
>
> ```
> +#causal_reads_standy_names = '*' # standby servers that can potentially
> become
> + # available for causal reads; '*' = all
> +
> ```
>
> it should be `causal_reads_standby_names`.

Fixed in latest version (while renaming).

> Also I hope in the nearest future
> can provide a full review.

Great news, thanks!

--