Re: Funny hang on PostgreSQL 10 during parallel index scan on slave

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Funny hang on PostgreSQL 10 during parallel index scan on slave
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 10:13 AM Chris Travers <chris.travers@adjust.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 6:55 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

>> Probably worthwile to check that the dsm code is properly robust if
>> errors are thrown from within here.

Yeah, currently dsm_impl_posix_resize() returns and lets
dsm_impl_posix() clean up (close(), shm_unlink()) before raising
errors.  We can't just let CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS() take a non-local
exit.  Some refactoring involving PG_TRY()/PG_CATCH() may be the
simplest way forward.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com