Re: Bug fix for glibc broke freebsd build in REL_11_STABLE

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug fix for glibc broke freebsd build in REL_11_STABLE
Дата
Re: Bug fix for glibc broke freebsd build in REL_11_STABLE  (Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2018-09-05 10:05:26 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> One thought is that maybe we should provide a way to override this,
>> in case somebody really can't or doesn't want to use -msse2, and
>> is willing to put up with platform-dependent float behavior.

> IDK, people that are capable of making that decision can just hack
> configure.

"Just hacking configure" is a pretty high bar for most folk.

If you wanted to argue that the set of people who still want to run PG
on pre-SSE2 hardware is the empty set, that'd be an easier sell really.
But what I'm really concerned about here, given that we're apparently
talking about an ABI change, is that someone might want to run on a
platform where the libraries insist on the x87 way.  I'm actually a bit
surprised to hear that you can just randomly add -msse2 on BSDen.  Do
they ship separate copies of libc et al to make that work?