Re: [HACKERS] transition table behavior with inheritance appearsbroken (was: Declarative partitioning - another take)

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: [HACKERS] transition table behavior with inheritance appearsbroken (was: Declarative partitioning - another take)
Дата
Ответ на Re: [HACKERS] transition table behavior with inheritance appearsbroken (was: Declarative partitioning - another take)  (Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
Ответы Re: [HACKERS] transition table behavior with inheritance appearsbroken (was: Declarative partitioning - another take)  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 5:51 PM, Amit Langote
<Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> On 2017/05/20 9:01, Thomas Munro wrote:
>> Sent too soon.  Several variables should also be renamed to make clear
>> they refer to the transition capture state in effect, instead of vague
>> names like 'transitions'.  Sorry for the version churn.
>
> Ah, I was kind of getting distracted by it earlier too; thanks.
>
> Anyway, the patch looks good to me.

[Adding Andrew Gierth]

Here is a rebased version of the patch to fix transition tables with
inheritance.  Fixes a typo in an error message ("not support on
partitions" -> "... supported ..."), and changes regression test
triggers to be single-event (only one of INSERT, UPDATE or DELETE),
because a later patch will not allow multi-event triggers with TTs.

This is patch 1 of a stack of 3 patches addressing currently known
problems with transition tables.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com