Re: Bug fix for glibc broke freebsd build in REL_11_STABLE

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Bug fix for glibc broke freebsd build in REL_11_STABLE
Дата
Re: Bug fix for glibc broke freebsd build in REL_11_STABLE  (Victor Wagner <vitus@wagner.pp.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 9:39 AM Andrew Gierth
<andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:

>  >> However, this commit broke float8 test on 32-bit FreeBSD 11 with
>  >> clang 3.8.0 compiler. Regressions.diff follows:
>
>  Andres> Does this happen with a newer clang version too?
>
> float8 test (and all other tests) passes for me on clang 3.9.1 on fbsd11
> on 32-bit ARM, and on -m32 builds on amd64.
>
> I also confirmed that without #define isinf(x) __builtin_isinf(x), on
> both 32bit and 64bit fbsd isinf() compiles as a function call, so the
> OP's proposed change would not be desirable.

I installed FreeBSD 11.2 i386 on a virtual machine.  I couldn't
reproduce the problem with either the base cc (clang 6.0.0) or clang38
(clang 3.8.1) installed via pkg.

The OP reported clang 3.8.0, so a minor version behind what I tested.

I did learn that "make check" fails in rolenames if your Unix user is
called "user".

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com