Re: Python versions (was Re: RHEL 8.0 build)

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: Python versions (was Re: RHEL 8.0 build)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 2:14 AM Peter Eisentraut
> On 25/11/2018 23:14, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Also, I noticed on a fresh FreeBSD 12.0 installation that what
> > I've got is
> >
> > $ ls /usr/bin/pyth*
> > ls: /usr/bin/pyth*: No such file or directory
> > $ ls /usr/local/bin/pyth*
> > /usr/local/bin/python2.7
> > /usr/local/bin/python2.7-config
> > /usr/local/bin/python3.6
> > /usr/local/bin/python3.6-config
> > /usr/local/bin/python3.6m
> > /usr/local/bin/python3.6m-config
> >
> > So there are modern platforms on which "python2" isn't going to make
> > it work automatically either.
>
> I don't think this is a setup we need to support.  You are probably
> suppose to install a meta package that will provide a "python" or
> "python3" binary.

Confirmed that if you pkg install python2 and python3 meta-packages on
a FreeBSD box you get python2 and python3 commands (symlinks to
python2.7, python3.6).

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com