Re: [HACKERS] Automatic testing of patches in commit fest

От Thomas Munro
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Automatic testing of patches in commit fest
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Automatic testing of patches in commit fest  (Aleksander Alekseev <a.alekseev@postgrespro.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi hackers,
A couple of new experimental features on commitfest.cputube.org:

1.  I didn't have --enable-cassert enabled before.  Oops.
2.  It'll now dump a gdb backtrace for any core files found after a
check-world failure (if you can find your way to the build log...).
Thanks to Andres for the GDB scripting for this!
3.  It'll now push gcov results to codecov.io -- see link at top of
page.  Thanks again to Andres for this idea.
4.  It now builds a little bit faster due to -j4 (Travis CI VMs have 2
virtual cores) and .proverc -j3.  (So far one entry now fails in TAP
tests with that setting, will wait longer before drawing any
conclusions about that.)

The code coverage reports at codecov.io are supposed to allow
comparison between a branch and master so you can see exactly what
changed in terms of coverage, but I ran into a technical problem and
ran out of time for now to make that happen.  But you can still click
your way through to the commit and see a coverage report for the
commit diff.  In other words you can see which modified lines are run
by make check-world, which seems quite useful.

There are plenty more things we could stick into this pipeline, like
LLVM sanitizer stuff, valgrind, Coverity, more compilers, <your idea
here>... but I'm not sure what things really make sense.  I may be
placing undue importance on things that I personally screwed up
recently :-D

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com