Re: Really unique session ID - PID + connection timestamp?

От Durumdara
Тема Re: Really unique session ID - PID + connection timestamp?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dear Adrian!

Again. As I see the beginning blocks are removed by mailing system in the code.

We have an "ourlocks" table which hold records (TableName, RecordID, SessionInnerID, TimeStamp, etc, with TableName/RecordID prikey).

If anybody wants to lock record "for long time", "over the transactions" it try to insert a new record here.
If other process want to lock same record, it can see this record (or got violation error), so it stopped.

This is not for protect all tables, only for protect main entities have many subtables like "Products", "Offers", etc.
We can't use transactions, because in the editor they must post/commit subdata.
And because PG is different from other DBs, so if ANY of statements failed, it rollback whole thing automatically (see my prior mail).
In FireBird we can do simple record lock protection with main connection's second transaction, but in MS and PG not.

So we used real records in a real table. But how to clean if client disconnected without delete own records?
For this we created own sessioninfo table with inner id, user id, timestamp, and [connectionid, connectiontime].
The locking mechanism checks for same lock (Offer, 117), if anybody locks the record, it checks for he's on or not.
If active connection (ID + TS) then lock is valid, and we can show information that "who is editing, please ask for him to release, etc.".
If not, we can eliminate the record and insert our.

The main goal is to protect the main entities. It is working in MS.
My question was about how to get my client's connection timestamp as get_backend_pid.
But as you wrote I can get it from activity log. Because PID can't be same as mine, I can select my from the table.

You said it have danger (like guid repetition). Yes, it have. And not the BAD SYSADMIN, but the summer/winter time changes are dangerous (the backward version). In PG we can extend our "guid" with IP and Port too, and this could be enough safe for us.

Thanks