Re: Bypassing NULL elements in row_to_json function

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Bypassing NULL elements in row_to_json function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, Apr 9, 2016 at 9:48 PM, Michael Nolan <htfoot@gmail.com> wrote:

2nd Followup:  It turns out that loading a table from a JSON string is more complicated than going from a table to JSON, perhaps for good reason.  There does not appear to be a direct inverse to the row_to_json() function, but it wasn't difficult for me to write a PHP program that takes the JSON file I created the other day and converts it back to a series of inserts, recreating the original table.

Of course this simple program does NO validation (not that this file needed any), so if the JSON string is not well-formed for any of a number of reasons, or if it is not properly mapped to the table into which the inserts are made, an insert could fail or result in incorrect data.
--
Mike Nolan

​json_populate_record(base anyelement, from_json json)
json_populate_recordset(base anyelement, from_json json)

Exists in 9.3 too...though if you are going heavy json I'd suggest doing whatever you can to keep up with the recent releases.

David J.