Re: 9.5 - Is there any way to disable automatic rollback?

От Durumdara
Тема Re: 9.5 - Is there any way to disable automatic rollback?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dear All!

>In PG it's seems to be different. PG silently rollback the actual
transaction.

I am not seeing silent:
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

I say "silently", because first I didn't recognize that all things lost, not only last stmt.
And I also say it, because the client library shows this error, but datasets are remaining in edited, modified state (not just last record, all priorly edited tables)

My client controls, my client libraries, my client users believe that
changes were sent.

What are your client and client libraries?

PGDAC.

My client library lies that I'm "InTransaction", and in same transaction
I started(?). Every statement creates error message.

You are in the same transaction block until you issue the ROLLBACK or COMMIT.

Yes, I see. For Commit or Rollback I don't execute any selects, for example: "select txid_current()", because I got that error...
Thanks.

I think it's a little bit problematic.  This is not under my control.
In AutoCommit mode ok, because it must drop the last modification, but
here no, I think.

In MS or FireBird the statements' modifications were stored in DB in limbo state, so I can commit the prior statements. For this there are only savepoints I think.

Thanks for your answers!

dd