Re: How to build docs from master?

От Andreas Joseph Krogh
Тема Re: How to build docs from master?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
På mandag 11. april 2016 kl. 15:05:06, skrev Artur Zakirov <a.zakirov@postgrespro.ru>:
On 11.04.2016 15:27, Andreas Joseph Krogh wrote:
> Hi all.
> I have installed PG (master) from git, but it seems the docs are not
> built issuing "make install".

Yes. You need to run "make world" to build everything or "make docs" to
build docs. And run "make install-world" to install everything or "make
install-docs" to install docs.

> I've tried "make docs" but it fails with:
>        interface Makefile:127: recipe for target 'HTML.index' failed
> make[3]: *** [HTML.index] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/andreak/dev/postgresql/doc/src/sgml'
> Makefile:8: recipe for target 'all' failed
> make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/andreak/dev/postgresql/doc/src'
> Makefile:16: recipe for target 'all' failed
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/andreak/dev/postgresql/doc'
> GNUmakefile:17: recipe for target 'docs' failed
> make: *** [docs] Error 2
> Any hints?

Do you have also the following error?

***
ERROR: `jade' is missing on your system.
***

Did you install necessary tools? You can see it from
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/docguide-toolsets.html

Ah, issuing:
apt-get install docbook docbook-dsssl docbook-xsl libxml2-utils openjade1.3 opensp xsltproc
did the trick, thanks!

--
Andreas Joseph Krogh
CTO / Partner - Visena AS