Re: [TIPS] Tuning PostgreSQL 9.2

От drum.lucas@gmail.com
Тема Re: [TIPS] Tuning PostgreSQL 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On 12 April 2016 at 13:55, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 6:20 PM, drum.lucas@gmail.com
<drum.lucas@gmail.com> wrote:

>> pgbouncer is kinda happy living almost anywhere.
>>
>> Putting it on separate vms means you can reconfigure when needed for
>> say another db or web server without having to edit anything but the
>> pgbouncer vms.
>>
>> Putting it on the db servers means that if a db server goes down then
>> you need to reconfigure the app side to not look for them
>>
>> Putting them on the app side means you have to configured according to
>> how many app servers you have etc.
>>
>> It all really depends on your use cases. but putting it on the www
>> servers works fine and is how I've done it many times in the past.
>

> Thanks for the reply...
>
> But as I'm using two web servers, do I have to put pgbouncer on both of
> them?
>
> Not sure how is going to work as I have two web servers

Either way will work. The advantage to having one on each is that
connections are simpler to configure and if one goes fown you still
have pgbouncer running

hmm ok..

So basically would be:

1 - Install the pgbouncer into the www server
2 - Do the tests to see if it works
3 - Change the APP connection parameters to start using pgbouncer (probably just the port)

Basically would be that, right?

Would my slave01 still be able to work as read-only?