Re: pg_dump - ERROR - PostgreSQL 9.2

От drum.lucas@gmail.com
Тема Re: pg_dump - ERROR - PostgreSQL 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
[SOLVED]

Just to let you guys know.. I've solved this issue changing the max_standby_streaming_delay on my slave to "-1".

Cheers

Lucas Possamai

On 2 February 2016 at 13:21, drum.lucas@gmail.com <drum.lucas@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

masterdb01 -> slave01 -> slave02 -> slave03

testmaster01 (Full copy from masterdb01)

I'm trying to refresh my main DB, by running this command on my test server:

ssh postgres@slave02 "/usr/pgsql-9.2/bin/pg_dump --exclude-table-data='junk.*' --format=custom master_db_name" | /usr/pgsql-9.2/bin/pg_restore --dbname=master_db_name_temp --exit-on-error

But, I got the following error after few seconds:

pg_dump: Dumping the contents of table "invoices" failed: PQgetResult() failed.
pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR:  canceling statement due to conflict with recovery
DETAIL:  User was holding a relation lock for too long.
pg_dump: The command was: COPY dm.invoices (invoice_id, format_version, ts_issue, ts_ack, customer_id, code, tag, account_data, customer_data, invoice_data, invoice_items_data) TO stdout;

If I run the pg_dump from the MASTER DB, it runs ok. But as the DB is 2 TB, I just can't let it coping from Production. It has to be from a slave server (I've also tried to copy from another slave. I get the same error).

What am I doing wrong? How can I solve the problem?

* I've sent the same e-mail to pgsql-general

Thanks;
Lucas