Re: Increased I/O / Writes

От Lucas Possamai
Тема Re: Increased I/O / Writes
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 24 May 2016 at 09:40, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 4:32 PM, Lucas Possamai <drum.lucas@gmail.com> wrote:

> The spikes were happening because, after the reboot, the HUGE PAGES were
> enabled.
>
> After disabling them, all got back to normal.

Since you said earlier you were on PostgreSQL version 9.2, you must
be talking about transparent huge pages.  Yeah, be sure those are
configured to be disabled in a way that "sticks" on your OS.  When
you get to version 9.4 you will notice that we support huge pages
directly.  That would be expected to work without problems even
though TRANSPARENT huge pages are debilitating.

Yep.. you're right, Kevin.
Transparent huge pages...

We do have a script that disables it when the system is rebooted, but that did not work.

Anyway, the problem was solved..
Cheers
Lucas