Re: [GENERAL] Postgres DB is failed due to pg_Xlog is continues full.

От Yogesh Sharma
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Postgres DB is failed due to pg_Xlog is continues full.
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Postgres DB is failed due to pg_Xlog is continues full.  (Gavin Flower <GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz>)
Список pgsql-general
>>What you could do is copying its contents to a large disk, and then allow it to recover from the crash.
 I will copy the PGDATA into large disk. After that it is require to execute some specific command or automatically recovery will start?
If any command is require to execute please let me know.
Regards,
Yogesh

On Thursday, September 14, 2017, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 12:44 PM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
> prior to that error, something else catastrophic must have happened to the
> system, that error is more of a side effect. recovering a database server
> that far gone which is running such an obsolete version will likely be an
> expensive proposition. before doing anything, you should make a complete
> backup of the $PGDATA directory (and other tablespace directories, if you
> use any).

Definitely take a backup of PGDATA before doing anything! What you
could do is copying its contents to a large disk, and then allow it to
recover from the crash. You are going to need more space at the end.
And yes, upgrade as well. Lagging 7 major releases behind cannot be an
excuse.
--
Michael