Re: 9.4 release notes

От Dean Rasheed
Тема Re: 9.4 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4 May 2014 13:46, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> I have completed the initial version of the 9.4 release notes.  You can
> view them here:
>
>         http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/release-9-4.html
>
> I will be adding additional markup in the next few days.
>
> Feedback expected and welcomed.  I expect to be modifying this until we
> release 9.4 final.  I have marked items where I need help with question
> marks.

In a few places, I think "updateable" should be spelled "updatable"
for consistency with the rest of the documentation (although I think
both spellings are actually correct).

===
Allow the updating of views where only some columns are
auto-updateable (Dean Rasheed)

Previously the presence of a non-auto-updateable column prevented all
columns from being auto-updated. Deletes are now supported on suitable
views even if no auto-updateable columns are present.
===

I think that puts too much emphasis on deletes, and could be
misinterpreted. How about something like this:
   Allow views to be automatically updatable even if they contain some   non-updatable columns (Dean Rasheed)
   Previously the presence of non-updatable columns such as expressions,   literals and functions prevented automatic
updates. Now INSERTs,   UPDATEs and DELETEs are supported, provided that they do not attempt   to assign new values to
anyof the non-updatable columns.

Regards,
Dean