Re: Reporting hba lines

От Dean Rasheed
Тема Re: Reporting hba lines
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5 January 2013 16:58, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Attached is an updated version of the patch, per the comments from Tom
> and rebased on top of the current master. Since it's been a long time
> ago, and some code churn in the area, another round of review is
> probably a good thing...

I took a look at this patch, and it seems to be in pretty good shape.
It applies cleanly to head, and seems to work as advertised/discussed.
I have a couple of comments on the code...

In next_token(), in the case of an overlong token, this change looks wrong:
             /* Discard remainder of line */
!             while ((c = getc(fp)) != EOF && c != '\n')
!                 ;             break;         }

--- 188,195 ----                errmsg("authentication file token too long, skipping: \"%s\"",
start_buf)));            /* Discard remainder of line */

!             while ((c = (*(*lineptr)++)) != '\0' && c != '\n')
!                 (*lineptr)++;             break;

It appears to be incrementing lineptr twice per loop iteration, so it
risks missing the EOL/EOF and running off the end of the buffer.

Nitpicking, at the end of the loop you have:

!         c = (**lineptr);
!         (*lineptr)++;

perhaps for consistency with the preceding code, that should be "c =
(*(*lineptr)++)". Personally, I'd also get rid of the outer sets of
brackets in each of these expressions and just write "c =
*(*lineptr)++", since I don't think they add anything.

Finally, the comment block for tokenize_file() needs updating, now
that it returns three lists.

Regards,
Dean

Сообщение: Re: Passing connection string to pg_basebackup
Сообщение: Re: Passing connection string to pg_basebackup