Re: BUG #8275: Updateable View based on inheritance (partition) throws Error on INSERT Statement

От Dean Rasheed
Тема Re: BUG #8275: Updateable View based on inheritance (partition) throws Error on INSERT Statement
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2 July 2013 09:30, Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the rewritten query should only use inheritance if inheritance
> was requested in the original query, *and* if inheritance was enabled
> in the view's query, per attached patch against HEAD.

On second thoughts, I think this should only apply to INSERT.

UPDATE and DELETE should continue work the same as SELECT, respecting
the inheritance flag from the view query regardless of the inheritance
flag in the outer query.

Attached is an updated patch for HEAD, with regression tests. This
should also be applied to the 9.3beta branch.

Regards,
Dean

Вложения