Re: BUG #8275: Updateable View based on inheritance (partition) throws Error on INSERT Statement

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #8275: Updateable View based on inheritance (partition) throws Error on INSERT Statement
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com> writes:
> On 2 July 2013 09:30, Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think the rewritten query should only use inheritance if inheritance
>> was requested in the original query, *and* if inheritance was enabled
>> in the view's query, per attached patch against HEAD.

> On second thoughts, I think this should only apply to INSERT.

> UPDATE and DELETE should continue work the same as SELECT, respecting
> the inheritance flag from the view query regardless of the inheritance
> flag in the outer query.

[ thinks for a bit... ]  Yeah, I agree.

> Attached is an updated patch for HEAD, with regression tests. This
> should also be applied to the 9.3beta branch.

Applied with minor adjustments --- mainly, I took out the inFromCl
twiddling, which AFAICS is neither necessary (nothing downstream of this
looks at inFromCl) nor clearly correct.