Re: Possible typo in create_policy.sgml

От Dean Rasheed
Тема Re: Possible typo in create_policy.sgml
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8 January 2015 at 18:57, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
>> What do you think of the attached rewording?
>
> Rewording it this way is a great idea.  Hopefully that will help address
> the confusion which we've seen.  The only comment I have offhand is:
> should we should add a sentence to this paragraph about the default-deny
> policy?

Yes, good idea, although I think perhaps that sentence should be added
to the preceding paragraph, after noting that RLS has to be enabled on
the table for the policies to be applied:
  The <command>CREATE POLICY</command> command defines a new policy for a  table.  Note that row level security must
alsobe enabled on the table using  <command>ALTER TABLE</command> in order for created policies to be applied.  Once
rowlevel security has been enabled, a default-deny policy is

used and no rows  in the table are visible unless permitted by a specific policy.
  A policy permits SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE or DELETE commands to access rows  in a table that has row level security
enabled. Access to existing table  rows is granted if they match a policy expression specified via USING,  while new
rowsthat would be created via INSERT or UPDATE are checked  against policy expressions specified via WITH CHECK.  For
policy expressions specified via USING which grant access to existing rows, the  system will generally test the policy
expressionsprior to any  qualifications that appear in the query itself, in order to the prevent the  inadvertent
exposureof the protected data to user-defined functions which  might not be trustworthy.  However, functions and
operatorsmarked by the  system (or the system administrator) as LEAKPROOF may be evaluated before  policy expressions,
asthey are assumed to be trustworthy.

Also, perhaps the "ALTER TABLE" in the first paragraph should be
turned into a link.

Regards,
Dean