Re: I cannot insert bengali character in UTF8

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: I cannot insert bengali character in UTF8
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 20 July 2012 11:30, AI Rumman <rummandba@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using database with UTF8 and LC_CTYPE set as default value in
> Postgresql 9.1.
> But I cannot insert bengali character in a column.
>
> Query Failed:INSERT into tracker (user_id, module_name, item_id,
> item_summary) values ('1','Leads','353','বাংলা টেস্��...')::ADODB
> error::->ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe0a62e
>
> Item_summary is a text type column and we can insert japanese character in
> this field.
>
> Could anybody let me know what is the problem here?

Maybe they're not valid Bengali characters? Did you do an
encoding-naive truncation at some point?

My mail client cannot display the latter few characters before the
ellipsis, but can display the first few fine.

--
Peter Geoghegan       http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/