Re: I cannot insert bengali character in UTF8

От Christian Ullrich
Тема Re: I cannot insert bengali character in UTF8
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* AI Rumman wrote:

> I am using database with UTF8 and LC_CTYPE set as default value in
> Postgresql 9.1.
> But I cannot insert bengali character in a column.
>
> Query Failed:INSERT into tracker (user_id, module_name, item_id,
> item_summary) values ('1','Leads','353','বাংলা টেস্��...')::ADODB
> error::->ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe0a62e

E0 A6 2E is not valid UTF-8: 11100000 10100110 00101110

The lead byte indicates that the codepoint consists of three bytes,
but only the very next byte is a trail byte (10......). The third
byte is a single character, a period ("."), to be exact.

Setting the MSB on the third byte gives us

11100000 10100110 10101110 = E0 A6 AE

, which is a valid UTF-8 encoding of U+09AE BENGALI LETTER MA.

Check your input data.

--
Christian