Re: remove dead ports?

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: remove dead ports?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 3 May 2012 17:21, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> I think I was the only user left;  I have never heard from a BSD/OS user
> in the past 5-7 years.

I'm inclined to agree with Bruce. While it's not reasonable to assume
that the lack of a BSD/OS user complaining on -general indicates that
there are none, it's also not reasonable for them to expect us to
support their operating system for 8 years after the original
proprietary vendor. Better to not support BSD/OS than to supply a port
that no one really has any confidence in. It's not as if we've ceased
support in release branches.