Re: remove dead ports?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: remove dead ports?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 07:11:47PM +0300, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On tor, 2012-05-03 at 10:59 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Having received no replies on "general" from bsdi users considering
> > upgrading to 9.2, I have removed the port.
>
> I think that was quite premature.  There is no requirement that bsdi
> users need to read pgsql-general, especially if you give them only a 24
> hour notice.  The bsdi port still appears to work, and it doesn't cost
> us anything to maintain it, so I think we should keep it, or at least
> have a longer grace period.

I think I was the only user left;  I have never heard from a BSD/OS user
in the past 5-7 years.  The last official release was in 2003/2004:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD/OS

I rather think I kept it a viable port on my own, and can't anymore.

http://enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Advisory locks seem rather broken
Сообщение: Re: Advisory locks seem rather broken