Re: db size growing out of control when using clustered Jackrabbit

От Gary Webster
Тема Re: db size growing out of control when using clustered Jackrabbit
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

On 07/24/2012 08:58 AM, Gary Webster wrote:
Hello.
Thanks for the response.

There are several 'idle in transaction' on this server/app, but to a
different db/schema.

This is a cluster issue, not a database issue. So if you have an idnle in transaction, then it is affecting your JCR schema as well.

OK, how do I track/debug/stop the "idle in transaction"s ?

The "repository" (JCR) schema has only a few 'idle', none 'in transaction' .

By "routine maintenance", do you mean autovacuum, or something else?

I mean autovacuum.

I was hoping to find more of a 'root cause' (eg. jackrabbit config) for this issue.
I can't believe that this table is supposed to be getting so big, to even require much vacuuming.

Autovacuum does appear to usually get 'auto-canceled' by a lock.

That is a problem too.

OK, I am trying to find out why this is happening.

However, even when it runs successfully, it doesn't seem to help with
this ws_bundle Toast table size.

It won't if you have the above idle in transactions, regardless of database.

Sincerely,

jD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, Postgres-XC
@cmdpromptinc - 509-416-6579