Re: does dml operations load the blocks to the shared buffers ?

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: does dml operations load the blocks to the shared buffers ?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Le jeu. 10 janv. 2019 à 09:07, Mariel Cherkassky <mariel.cherkassky@gmail.com> a écrit :
Hey,
It is clear that when we query some data, if that data isnt in the shared buffers pg will go bring the relevant blocks from the disk to the shared buffers. I wanted to ask if the same logic works with dml(insert/update/delete). I'm familiar with the writing logic, that the checkpointer is the process that writing the data changes into the data files during every checkpoint and that the commit write the changes from the wal buffers to to the wal files. I wanted to ask about a situation where we run dmls and that data isnt available in the shared buffers.

It works the same.

--
Guillaume.

Сообщение: Re: postgresql unix socket connections
Сообщение: Re: postgresql unix socket connections