Re: postgresql unix socket connections

От Mariel Cherkassky
Тема Re: postgresql unix socket connections
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
In machine 2 :
I found 4 libpq.so files :
[root@~]# locate libpq.so
/usr/lib64/libpq.so.5
/usr/lib64/libpq.so.5.2
/usr/pgsql-9.6/lib/libpq.so.5
/usr/pgsql-9.6/lib/libpq.so.5.9

 cat /etc/ld.so.conf
include ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
 ld.so.conf.d]# cat /etc/ld.so.conf.d/postgresql-pgdg-libs.conf
/usr/pgsql-9.6/lib/

In machine 1 :
locate libpq.so
/usr/lib64/libpq.so.5
/usr/lib64/libpq.so.5.2
/usr/pgsql-9.2/lib/libpq.so.5
/usr/pgsql-9.2/lib/libpq.so.5.5

I checked with rpm -ql the packge postgresql96-libs.x86_64 0:9.6.10-1PGDG.rhel6 and it seems that it indeed put the new libpq.so in the system. My question is, is it possible that it also deleted the 9.2 libpq file ?

‫בתאריך יום ד׳, 9 בינו׳ 2019 ב-18:11 מאת ‪Tom Lane‬‏ <‪tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us‬‏>:‬
Mariel Cherkassky <mariel.cherkassky@gmail.com> writes:
> But in both of the machines I have the same os and I used the same
> repository - postgresql rpm repository. The only difference is that in
> machine 2 I also installed all pg 9.6 packages. Even When I try to use
> /usr/pgsql-9.2/bin/psql the psql still tries to access the
> /var/run/run/postgresql dir as the socket dir. Does those packages include
> a different libpq ?  What postgres package change the libpq ?

"rpm -ql" would tell you about which packages supply what.

Assuming there's more than one libpq.so on your machine, which it sounds
like there is, which one gets used depends on the dynamic linker's
configuration -- see /etc/ld.so.conf and "man ldconfig".