Re: Can't drop a view ("view does not exist") that has an entry in "INFORMATION_SCHEMA.views"

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Can't drop a view ("view does not exist") that has an entry in "INFORMATION_SCHEMA.views"
Дата
Ответ на Can't drop a view ("view does not exist") that has an entry in "INFORMATION_SCHEMA.views"  ("Klaus Hofeditz ]project-open[" <klaus.hofeditz@project-open.com>)
Ответы Re: Can't drop a view ("view does not exist") that has an entry in "INFORMATION_SCHEMA.views"  ("Klaus Hofeditz ]project-open[" <klaus.hofeditz@project-open.com>)
Список pgsql-general

Le 17 nov. 2014 22:49, "Klaus Hofeditz ]project-open[" <klaus.hofeditz@project-open.com> a écrit :

> Hi guys,
> I need to drop a view in order  to alter a type of a column: numeric(12,1) ->  numeric(12,2):
>
> ERROR:  cannot alter type of a column used by a view or rule DETAIL:  rule _RETURN on view "TransTasksCube" depends on column "billable_units"
>
> Trying to delete it, I get:
>
> projop=# drop view TransTasksCube;
> ERROR:  view "transtaskscube" does not exist
>
> FYI: VIEW also shows up in table INFORMATION_SCHEMA.views:
>
> projop=# select table_name from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.views where table_name like '%Trans%';
>    table_name
>  TransTasksCube
> (1 row)

You need double quotes because of the upper case letters:

drop view "TransTasksCube";