Re: OSX UI Crashes

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: OSX UI Crashes
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hey,

Please, keep the thread on the mailing list.

> Case 2 we can live with. case 1 is causing no end of heartache and I bet is down to a problem with the WX control not PGAdmin. Is there anything we can do to help or proactively fix this, bearing in mind we are SQL developers and have very little C++ in the office.

I won't be able to help you there as I don't have a Mac anymore...

[DAVE] I can help as I can now recreate it using function we have developed. Let me know what I can do to aid in debug fix? If it is not too much effort I could set up a dev environment on my Mac and look at it in more detail, would need some guidance on this.

No way I'm doing this without being able to debug it myself.

> Finally, can I lobby for a tabbed view when using the query window. Would make developing that little more joyful ;-)

... But I'd be interested in knowing more about this. What kind of view would you like?

[DAVE] Instead of opening a new query window, I would like the option to open a tab, named either “untitled” or the file name of the query opened. Showing the function/table/view etc… name would also be good when opened by right clicking on “CREATE Script”. This would reduce a lot of desktop clutter when developing across multiple functions/views/tables etc..

Oh OK, I understand. Yeah, that could be interesting. The issue is that we already have tabs for the text query and the graphical query editor.

 Also, while I’m at it a decent JSON editing solution is desperately needed. Currently we paste out to an editor and back it which is a real mess.

Having custom editors for some types would definitely be an improvment. Yet, I know no one working on this.