Re: Re: how to find the order of joins from Explain command XML plan output in PostgreSQL

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Re: how to find the order of joins from Explain command XML plan output in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> the optimizer in XML format. In my program, I have to extract certain data<br /> > > about optimizer
planfrom this XML output. I am using *LibXML2* library<br /> > > for<br /> > > parsing the XML. I had
successfullyextracted information about which<br /> > > relations are involved and what joins are used by parsing
theXML. But<br /> > > I am *unable<br /> > > to extract the* *order of joining the relations from the XML
output*.I<br /> > > conceptually understood that the reverse level order traversal of binary<br /> > > tree
representationof the XML plan will give correct ordering of joins<br /> > > applied. But I could not figure out
howdo I get that from the XML? Does<br /> > > libXML2 support anything of this sort? If not how should I proceed
postson<br /> > this topic I'll just say that likely you will have much better luck using<br /> > SAX-based
processingas opposed to DOM-based processing.  I seriously doubt<br /> > native/core PostgreSQL facilities will
allowyou to do what you desire.<br /> ><br /> > As you said, hierarchy and physical output order determines the
"orderof<br /> > joining" within the planner so you have to capture and track such relational<br /> > information
duringyour processing - which is made much easier if you simply<br /> > traverse the output node-by-node exactly as
aSAX based parser does.<br /> ><br /> > Though pgAdminIII has a visual query display that you might look at
output.